First and foremost.. welcome to What it Means to Win.
My name is Robert Burris and I live in California’s capitol city, Sacramento. Here are a few facts about myself:
- I HATE to lose
- I come from a family of seven
- My favorite book is Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- I’m most inspired by the leaders Kobe Bryant and Tupac Shakur.
- I worked for America’s largest Audi dealership.
- I’m currently a Manager at Foot Locker.
- I’m a music aficionado.
- I listen to Jocko Willink’s “Jocko Podcast” every day. (check it out!)
Basically, the reason why I created What it Means to Win is because I’m obsessed with winning. I think about it all day, every day. Winning to me is smashing through goals, having the finances to support not just myself but those who I surround myself with, and simply being the best at whatever it is that I do. I think a lot about what separates the good from the great, what it takes to make the big bucks, how today’s most successful people got to where they are, & everything else in between. I figured some of the thoughts I have might be of value to others and so that is why I’m sharing. With that being said, don’t hesitate to share your own thoughts in the comments. Remember, the goal is to move closer to our goals with every move that we make.
So… Who will get there first?